- exim – as MTA
- fetchmail – to collect my emails from various accounts
- procmail – to pipe incoming mails through the spam and virus filters
- dovecot – IMAP Server
- squirrelmail – webmail interface
- spamassassin – THE anti-spam-solution
- ClamAV – to check new mails for virus
Of course the web interface and the IMAP server are only accessibly through a secure connection.
All the packages used for this configuration can be found in the debian repositories and were easy to install with apt-get. The configuration of the components was not to hard though there were some tricky things (I never thought it could be complicated to get apache2 running in secure mode only – see).
Maybe I’ll write a short HOWTO about it.